Frequently Asked Questions
How are courses designed for ADSP?
Courses are designed around core values and like develpoing ::
- Leadership skills
- Problem solving ability
- Problem defining ability
The attempt of the academic team is to help students understand that knowing the correct answer is not important, and true knowledge lies in understanding the process of getting to the correct answer. All instructors stress on process-based learning rather than content-based learning.
What about safety and security of my child?
Safety and security is extremely important to us. It is our top priority and we ensure that:
- Students are under adult-supervision at all times. They are either with their Teaching Assistants in the classroom or with the support staff outside the classroom.
- All buildings have 24X7 security and the campus is extremely safe with all exit points manned at all times.
- We identify and connect with the nearest hospital(s). Their staff is instructed and aware about the programme, so they will be ready for any emergency. There is also an ambulance service if required.
- Detailed medical history forms are collected from students and we ensure all their medical needs are properly taken care of for e.g. any allergies, regular medication, ongoing health condition etc.
Who teaches at the programme? How large are the classes?
We have subject experts with in-depth knowledge and understanding of each course being offered. All these experts are also experienced teachers. See the instructor profiles on our website for more information.Each course has between 8 and 25 students. This ensures individual attention is given to every student and also gives enough opportunity for each student to share their opinions during classroom discussions.
What benefits will my child have from this program?/ How are these courses helpful?
Personal and academic development that lasts for a lifetime
- Personalised attention in the classroom
- Peer-learning and networking among like-minded students who are also gifted
- Social development in terms of dealing with day-to-day issues
- Development of a growth mindset (a realisation that challenges still exist in learning and understanding but with perseverance they can be overcome)
What about transportation during the programme?
Transportation arrangements have been made by us and can be availed at an additional cost.
What about food arrangements during the programme?
The food arrangement have been made by us at venue and can be availed at an additional cost